How to become a world-class email copywriter in 21 days
Got a question from a subscriber:
“If someone was holding a gun to your head and told you that you had 21 days to become a world-class email copywriter, what would you do?”
I love this question. I love it because when I look back at my own personal journey that’s spanned a few years already, I realize that there were so many things I wasted my time on. So many useless books that I read, and so many courses I flushed my money down the toilet with.
And I know that if I had the chance to start over, I could become good in just 2–3 days, and incredible in less than 21.
Let’s assume, for the sake of this article, that I had 3 weeks free of any responsibilities, other than eating and sleeping. Let’s assume I could lock myself away in a room with some books, some pads and pens, and a laptop.
Here’s what I would do:
- Get Ben Settle’s Email Players subscription. When you get his “Email Player’s Playbook” read it 10x and take notes once ~ 2 days
- Get Ben Settle’s Email Players Crib Sheet and copy it out by hand ~ 1 day
- Get Matt Furey’s How I Went From Rags To Riches On The Internet Course and read that 10x and take notes once ~ 3 days
- Go to Matt Furey’s website and write out, by hand, 100 of his blog posts (which are really mostly his daily emails that he posted as blog posts) ~ 3 days
- Go to Ben Settle’s website and write out, by hand, 100 of his blog posts ~ 3 days
- Google the top 5 magazines in your market and write out, by hand, 500 headlines from the covers of these magazines ~ 1.5 days
- Go find some clickbait ads and handcopy 500 of their headlines (these make amazing email subject line fodder) ~ 1.5 days
- Get Ian Stanley’s 80/20 Email Copy Course and go through it 10x ~ 3 days
- Finally, write 100 of your own, original emails for whatever market you are in using all of the knowledge you’ve ingrained in your brain from the previous 18 days ~ 3 days
Well, that wasn’t so bad now, was it?
Before you embark on this challenge you’re going to want to make sure you have a ton of nootropics, coffee, and some kind of pain medicine for your writing hand because it is going to hurt.
But if you want to get good, quick, then this is what is required.
Now, you might not want to do this. You might just want to do some of this, and that’s OK. Just know that your results aren’t going to be as good.
You can do this as prescribed, or break it up into little pieces and do a bit each day. But if you want to be one of the greats, this is what you will do.
Maybe you think this will take too much time, and you’re probably right.
If you don’t have the time (or the motivation) to do this yourself, shoot me a message and I can write your emails for you, so you don’t have to put yourself through 3 weeks of torture.
If you wanna accelerate your progress and learn how to get high-paying email copy clients, then join my FREE course…